You Are What You Think

by Brenton Russell on

I recently watched an interesting video by well-known coach Brian Tracy on goal setting at Find Your Peak.  I was so impressed by the conciseness and presentation of Brian’s message that I started searching for other videos of his.

The following video is one I found where Brian talks about the power of mentally focusing on what you want in order to achieve your goals.

I really like this concept and it ties in nicely with my thoughts on vision boards (check out my current personal vision board).

Have a look, it only goes for 1:29 min.  Brian’s ability to concisely pass his message is also something that we can all learn from!

Uncork Your Mind is now a “DoFollow” website.  If you choose to leave a comment you will get a link back to your website.

{ 1 trackback }

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Ryan Renfrew @lifestyle design January 10, 2011 at 7:41 am

What uuuuuup?

Brian Tracy is great. I recently read his book on goals, it is incredible – you can download it free from his blog http://www.briantracy.com/blog/ well worth a read.
Ryan Renfrew @lifestyle design recently posted..10 Steps To Combat The Leaky Bucket Syndrome

Brenton Russell January 10, 2011 at 9:03 am

Hi Ryan,

I’ve only just come across him but I am definitely going to look at more of his work. Thanks for the link to his blog and the book recommendation.

Ryan Renfrew @lifestyle design January 10, 2011 at 10:44 am

He has another awesome book, which I call my bible, “the succcess principles”. I continously read that book. its a must read. I know you’ll love it!

Brenton Russell January 11, 2011 at 7:19 am

Wow, two book recommendations from the one post! You must definitely know my secret passion for books! I will certainly check both of them out. Thanks!

Sean Mathena @ Find Your Peak January 10, 2011 at 8:05 am

Glad I could inspire you! Brian Tracy is one of my favorites, I have read a ton of his stuff, and it never goes out of style.

Sean
Sean Mathena @ Find Your Peak recently posted..Achieving Your Goals- The Expert

Brenton Russell January 10, 2011 at 9:05 am

Thanks for sharing the video! Your site is coming along nicely too, by the way.

Susan@Home Workouts January 13, 2011 at 12:03 am

I love Brian Tracey. He is even connected to us folks in the fitness industry. All the leaders in my niche credit him for some of their success!
Susan@Home Workouts recently posted..How To Lose Weight Quick and Easy

Brenton Russell January 13, 2011 at 6:48 am

Hi Susan,

I have only recently ‘discovered’ Brian Tracy but I am pretty impressed with his message. From the couple of short videos that I have seen him talk in, the one thing that I am amazed at is his skill at clearly and concisely passing his message in a succinct manner. As Da Vinci said,” Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”

Steve@Internet Lifestyle January 15, 2011 at 12:32 am

Brenton,

Definitely a great video. Brian Tracy really is very convincing about his “goal setting” (something that I firmly agree with) in both his videos and his books.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for doing such a great guest post on my site. I am sorry it hit at the same time my out-sourcer finished my revamp…which unfortunately he messed up…and since he outsourced the part that is messed up is going to be a nightmare to fix. (it is like the telephone game)
Steve@Internet Lifestyle recently posted..Two Questions Three Words for Every Problem

Brenton Russell January 15, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I understand the frustrations when websites don’t do what they’re told! I really appreciate the opportunity to have a post of mine published on your site.

In the interest of looking for the opportunity in every situation, maybe your recent outsourcing challenges could be inspiration for a post on the hows and whys of outsourcing?

Murlu January 15, 2011 at 12:41 am

It’s that classic ‘think and grow rich’ mindset which does absolute wonders for your creativity and inspiration. It really makes sense when he explained about, essentially, listening to that (almost nagging) voice in your head of what you want to do. Most people just ignore it and go on with their day but the ones that are truly successful listen – take action and absolutely rock it.

Thanks for the inspiration bump Brenton – time to make my own awesome Friday :)
Murlu recently posted..How to Create an eBook using Existing Content

Brenton Russell January 15, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Hi Murlu,

Speaking of ‘Think and Grow Rich’ I have just about finished Napoleon Hill’s classic book that you indirectly refer to. After hearing its praise from so many different sources I thought that it was time to read the classic. It is certainly is a great book of timeless information.

Alison Moore Smith January 16, 2011 at 4:05 am

I love how this guy breaks his ideas into bite-sized pieces. I also like how he qualifies his ideas rather than hyping them. Credible and good info. Thanks for passing it on.
Alison Moore Smith recently posted..How to Do a Hurricane Kick – or Anything Else

Brenton Russell January 16, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, Alison. In addition to his self-development message, I take a lot away from how clearly and concisely Brian Tracy communicates his messages in these short videos.