My Big Audacious Challenge

Big Audacious Challenge Steve Pavlina

by Brenton Russell on

After introducing my plan to undertake a personal Big Audacious Challenge in my post ‘Life Your Life By One Rule Only’ earlier this week, I have decided what this first challenge will be.

My design principles for the challenge was that it needed to stretch and expand my creativity and it needed to help me develop the habit of exploding through preconceived limits.

After much thought about a challenge that would meet these principles I have decided that my first personal Big Audacious Challenge is to find a way to interview the personal development legend Steve Pavlina and post it to Uncork Your Mind.

So why would someone as well known and busy as Steve Pavlina want to do an interview for a developing blog like Uncork Your Mind? I’m not sure yet but finding the answer to this question is what I am now setting my creative mind towards solving.

Next Post – The Plan!

My next post in the Big Audacious Challenge series will detail my plan for how I intend to achieve this goal.  I will be employing some methods from a great book by Michale Michalko called ‘Thinkertoys’ which is a handbook of creative-thinking techniques for solving problems and developing innovative ideas.   I have used this book frequently and it is very useful for those who seek to expand and apply their creative thinking.

Stay tuned for the next post in the Big Audacious Challenge series detailing how I intend to interview the personal development legend Steve Pavlina for Uncork Your Mind!

Not Sure Who Steve Pavlina Is?

If you’re new to the personal development scene and don’t know who Steve Pavlina is, stop reading right now and go check out his website.  Steve Pavlina is widely recognised as one of the most successful personal development bloggers with his website attracting over 2 million monthly readers.  Steve is a published author and an amazing blog writing.  His posts are highly detailed and deeply insightful.  I can’t recommend his writing enough.

Uncork Your Mind is now a “DoFollow” website.  If you choose to leave a comment you will get a link back to your website.

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Steve@Internet Lifestyle January 19, 2011 at 6:43 am

Breton,

Great goal! I thnik you can do it too. Not sure what hoops you would have to go through, but Steve seems like a pretty personable guy. Once you get to the point where he recognizes your name in commenting etc. I am sure he would take a bit of time out for you.

Good luck with your challenge. I look forward to reading the post soon! 😉
Steve@Internet Lifestyle recently posted..11 Ways to be Unremarkably Average

Brenton Russell January 19, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your encouragement. I’m not sure what hoops I will have to go through either but I have a few ideas that I will develop and share in my next post.

Sean Mathena @ Find Your Peak January 19, 2011 at 7:34 am

All I can say is WOW! I certainly hope you make it, he is one of my favorite bloggers as evidenced by my new Friday Steve Pavlina series. Good luck, and please post how you got him to agree!
Sean Mathena @ Find Your Peak recently posted..Steve Pavlina- What is Productivity

Brenton Russell January 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Hi Sean,

I will definitely keep you all posted on my progress. The last Steve Pavlina article on productivity that you posted last week was a cracker. Thanks for sharing.

Ryan Renfrew @lifestyle design January 19, 2011 at 7:56 am

Brenton,

Great challenge mate, Tim Ferris talks a litt;e about how to reach people and avoid gatekeepers in The 4 Hour Workweek.

Good Luck

bLAZE yOUR tRAIL
Ryan Renfrew @lifestyle design recently posted..Goal Setting Gone Wrong

Brenton Russell January 19, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reminding me about that section in The 4 Hour Workweek; I had forgotten that bit. I will have to dust off my copy and re-read that part.

Peter J January 20, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Best of luck with reaching the goal; i don’t know how your going to pull it off but guess I’ll just have to wait and see. Maybe you can send him 200 emails and hope that he looks at least one and then agrees on the interview so he doesn’t get any more mail. 😀

Brenton Russell January 21, 2011 at 7:19 am

Hi Peter,

I have a few ideas up my sleeve and once I have developed them a bit more I will be sharing in a post.

Riley Harrison January 22, 2011 at 3:45 am

Brenton
If you got him to pose for that picture, getting the interview will be a piece of cake.

Riley